Monday, February 14, 2011

Quo Make-up Remover Wipes Review

I'm always on the look out for a good make-up wipe. I just can't be bothered with liquid make-up removers I have to shake and put on a cotton pad, blah blah blah. I want to pull out a tissue, wipe my face and get on with my night.

So I headed out to my favorite drugstore, Shoppers Drug Mart, and picked up these bad boys.





They were $10 CAN for 30 wipes. Making them $0.33 each. Not too shabby. They have a air tight cover with a plastic dispenser type thing. They have one textured side, I wouldn't call it rough, and one smooth side. The textured side is great for getting tricky stuff like mascara off, while the smooth side is great for all over the face. They smell fresh and clean, without an over whelming alcohol or cleanser scent. They are alcohol free and do not irritate my eyes, which get irritated very easy as I'm a contact lens wearer.They left my face feeling hydrated but not oily, which is ideal since I have naturally oily skin as is.

I believe Quo is the house brand for Shoppers Drug Mart, and I'm consistently impressed with their products. I wouldn't consider them "professional" but definitely on the higher quality side of a drugstore brand.

I usually go for MAC Wipes, which retail for $21.50 for 45 or $31 for 100, I usually go for the big pack. So before any sort of pro discount (which you can get if you're a Makeup Artist, Aesthetician, Cosmetologist, Hairstylist, Fashion Stylist, Nail Technician, Costume Designer, Model, On-Air Talent/Performer, or Photographer) is about $0.32 each, for the big bag and $0.47 each for the little bag. So a comparable price. I would definitely say they are very similar in quality to the MAC wipes, only difference is the Quo ones feel a little dryer.

TIP! Store your wipes upside down, so gravity brings any extra liquid to the first wipe you use. Storing them like this will ensure you have a moist wipe every time until the last one.

Overall, I rate this as a definite buy if you can't get to a MAC counter/store.

This post contains items purchased by myself and opinions based solely on my interactions with these products. I am not being compensated in any way by any above mentioned companies/brands. This post contains links provided solely out of convenience for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment