Thursday, October 14, 2010

FOTD - Oct 14 2010

Today starts the moving process. I've packed up all (ok almost all) my makeup, and only left a few products to use over the next few days. I'm taking this advantage to show you how you can get different looks from the same base products.


Look #1 - October 14, 2010 (first 2 with natural light, last with flash)





I like to think that these products are must have base products that any makeup enthusiast should have. Keep in mind it's the purpose of the product, not the brand or price.

Here's the products:



Kat Von D "Rockstar" Palette (any palette including a highlight, a nude, a darker colour, and black)
MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder (any black Kohl pencil)
Too Faced Shadow Insurance (any good eyeshadow primer/base to keep your makeup lasting all day)
Rimmel London the Max Volume Flash (any good thickening black masacara)

Nivea Light Day Care (any moisturizer, good skin = good makeup)
MAC Fast Response Eye Cream (any good eye cream)

Joe Fresh Eyebrow Powder Duo (anything you use to fill in your brows)
Make Up Forever Camouflage Cream in N11 (your favorite concealer, a good concealer is better than any foundation)
C.O Bigelow Rose Salve (any good lip balm, this is my favorite)

The essential brushes! (in my opinion)
MAC 239 (flat paddle brush)
MAC 272 (discontinued [super sad panda!! best brush ever!] a full angled shadow brush)
Royal & Langnickel S.I.L.K Crease C430 (crease brush [a tight crease brush, not as fluffy as MAC 224])
Quo Angled (angle brush for brows/liner)
I have the brush guard on mine so they don't get dirty in the case with the makeup or all frizzy)

I achieved my look today by starting out with a clean face, I used Bliss Fabulous Foaming Facewash, followed by Nivea's Light Day Care moisturizer, and MAC Fast Response Eye cream.
I primed my lids with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and while that was setting I did my brows with the Joe Fresh Brow powder's darker side.
I tried the technique Kat Von D uses starting with the crease colour and ending with the highlight, kind of backwards to what I'm used to.
I started with my MAC 272 brush adding Groupie, which is the dark purple colour, in the crease and creating a v shape on the outside and under my lower lash line, then I added Confessional, the pearly nude colour, with my MAC 239 brush to the the rest of my lid, blending into the purple, then I added Believer, the glittery white, with my 239 as a highlight under my brow and in the inner corner. I finished with putting alittle motor head (the glittery black) into the crease with my 272 to deepen up the crease, and blended everything with a clean crease brush.
I lined my top lashes, upper water line and lower waterline with my MAC Smolder kohl pencil.
Did 2 coats of mascara.
I used my finger to add my Make Up Forever concealer under my eyes, over the red parts of the tops of my cheeks and my nose (super red today, I have a bit of the sniffles).
I threw on my Rose Salve balm, and BAM! done!

I hope you like it and check tomorrow to see the other look I'll do with the same stuff!

I've also used this palette before to do a day to night look (much like I am here, but slightly different) a while back. Check out those videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment