Saturday, June 11, 2011

Loose Button: Luxe Box

About a month ago I signed up with Loose Button, a company that sends out samples and full sized beauty products once a month to their subscribers. I looked it over, and read some positive feed back and thought, why not!

I signed up for 3 months, at $10 Canadian a month including free shipping. It looks like the price has increased since then, but still $12 a month isn't too bad. I spend more a month on coffee I forget about on my desk that goes cold and I never drink.

Luxe Box sends 3-5 samples once a month, giving consumers a simple and smart way to try products before they buy them. 


I got my first package today. I was notified on Tuesday that it was being sent, and they included a tracking number. Now I'm not sure if this is the norm, or if this is because of the labour dispute with Canada Post (aka a strike). My package made it from Mississauga to Vancouver in 3 days, pretty impressive I think. I tend to have a bad time with mail.

I opened the box on camera, enjoy!





Products (as described by Luxe Box):

Dermalogica | Daily Microfoliant
Considered as one of InStyle's Best Beauty Buys, this rice-based enzyme powder helps to exfoliate your skin by removing debris, leaving your skin smoother and brighter. Contains no artificial fragrance or color, good for all skin types.
Retail Value: $72

China Glaze | Mini Nail Polish
This professional nail lacquer has captured the hearts of bloggers and celebrities alike because of its fabulous finish and easy application. There are lots of bold and exciting colors to chooose from that can fit and match your style.
Retail Value: $7

Laura Mercier | Eye Color (upgrade: Full Sized Product)
A non-dusting eye color that is easily layered and sheered. Experience the freedom of a long-wearing crease-resistant product that glides on evenly every time. Micronized pigments deliver deep color release in one stroke.
Retail Value: $22



Now I've used Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant before, when I was going to school at Marvel. This product is amazing! The only thing that holds me back from using it is the retail price. $72. That's redic. Of course a professional I can order a BIG one for about $150, a better value, but even more expensive. I can't wait to add this into my skin care routine!

China Glaze polish is a staple in any polish addict's collection, and I'm no different. I own a few polishes from CG accumulated from various sources. Spas, websites, ebay, polish swaps. But I had no idea they did art polish! This brush is adorable, and I have no problem with the bottle being smaller. Art polish tends to dry out so quick anyway. Thumbs up!

I can never pin point what kind of makeup is truly me, it changes from day to day. One thing is for sure, a neutral eye, black liner and red lips will never go out of style. This colour (sandstone) is definitely joining the rotation!! It's creamy, soft, and pearl (the word I was searching for while recording the video! doh!). I don't own any Laura Mercier shadows, but I may have to start investing!

No comments:

Post a Comment